Skip to content
General millennial feeling
- Millennials grew up in an electronics-filled and increasingly online and socially-networked world.
- They are the generation that has received the most marketing attention and naturally become the most demanding.
- As the most ethnically diverse generation, Millennials tend to be tolerant of difference.
- Entering adulthood with high expectations.
- Many early Millennials went through post-secondary education only to find themselves employed in unrelated fields or underemployed and job hopping more frequently than previous generations.
- 50 percent of Millennials consider themselves politically unaffiliated.
- They have the highest average number of Facebook friends
- 55 percent have posted a selfie or more to social media sites versus 20 percent of Generation X.
- They send a median of 50 messages a day.
- Only 19 percent of Millennials said that, generally, others can be trusted.
- There are about 76 million Millennials in the United States (based on research using the years 1978-2000).
- Millennials are the last generation born in the 20th century.
- Twenty percent have at least one immigrant parent.
(Source: Pew Research):